Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stubborn

This past weekend I went with Campus Outreach to Winter Blast.
I really didn't want to go at first, but it was either go or stay in my dorm room feeling sorry for myself about some situations I am currently facing. I went. It was great. I laughed. I cried. I rejoiced with those who are now apart of the family in Christ, but most importantly I have come to the realization of how stubborn I can be.

Growing up in a pentecostal church I had always listened to the Holy Spirit being preached. Not that this is at all a wrong thing, but I grew up with the mind set that it must be preached at this depth everywhere.
This past weekend, I came to realize that people who don't necessarily preach the Holy Spirit in the depth that I am used to, have the same heart for God as I do. It is humbling to see that though things are not taught exactly the same, the mission of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ does remain alike. Our mission is to share the Gospel of Christ, and show it through our love and compassion.
I was so convicted by this truth and if we would all open up our hearts and put behind the political and theological arguments of Christianity, I believe that the Bride of Christ would unite so much more hastily than ever before.

My hope and prayer is that God will bring all brothers and sisters in Christ back to the basics; back to the Cross. For it is at the Cross, the death and resurrection of Christ, where lives are changed, transformed, and where the Holy Spirit can manifest in each individual heart.


Daddy,
Though you have allowed me to experience many miracles and wonders that are done for Your glory, I pray that You will make me humble and allow me to always look up to your Son in adoration for what He did for me on the cross. I am so undeserving, and it is only by Your Son that I can stand redeemed and whole. Thank You so much for Your Love Daddy. I am so in awe of the things You continually do to make things right and perfect. May I continue to surrender all that I am to You, and not hold back from loving any person on this Earth. You are Awesome, Almighty, Merciful, and I thank You so much for being my Father.
In Your Son's precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment