Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Discernment

So... God has been doing some pretty big things recently, and while I am thankful for these things I am also having to pray for discernment and direction in the next few steps I should take.

Emotions are neither a good or bad trait to have, but sometimes can be a hindrance between flesh and spirit. We often think that things are of God, and sometimes they can be, but the soul-ish , fleshy realm is where the emotions become entangled with the Spirit which causes chaos.

Since God is a God of peace, and not of chaos; we must learn to discern what is of His Holy Spirit and what is merely emotion.


Some situations in my life have quickly resurfaced, and the Lord knows I have been in so much prayer; offering up these situations to Him.

It is our emotions that often lead us to react, and it is the Holy Spirit who leads us to meditate and wait on what He would have us do.

All of my life, in every season, I must offer up all of my emotions to Him so I may KNOW without a shadow of doubt what is of God and what is merely my flesh.

Teach me good judgment, wise and right discernment, and knowledge, for I have believed (trusted, relied on, and clung to) Your commandments.
-Psalm 119:66


Abba-Daddy,
I ask that You would give me discernment in every aspect of my life. I ask that You would reveal to me what is of Your Holy Spirit and what is merely fleshly emotion. I need You in every season of my life, especially when questions come about those things that are resurfacing. Test me, prove me, refine me, like Your precious gold dear Daddy. I want to be blameless before you in every part of my life. I am nothing without You. Renew my mind, give me a pure heart, and let it not deceive or lead me astray O, Lord. You are Alpha, You are Omega. You are the Beginning. You are the End. There is no other name above Your name.

-You are summoning our nation to proclaim Your truth more than ever. Let us be a bold generation, a generation that is not afraid to proclaim Christ as Son of the Living God. Help us Lord, forgive us our sin, and please have mercy on us.

I love you Daddy, and I thank You for everything You are.
In Jesus' name.
Amen


Peace and Blessings! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment