Friday, February 5, 2010

Reflection on or of God?

As I reflect on these past few months, I can say I have gone through a living hell, and I am ironically thankful for it.

As odd as that statement seems, I find myself looking to God every second of my life. A heart of constant prayer, a mind that is continually on Christ, that is what leads to perseverance; that is what leads us to the heart of God.

Addition to that I have been praying on what my mission statement should be in life; it kinda just hit me.

In everything I do, I want it to be for the glory of God, and I want to be a reflection of Him instead of on Him.

God desires 100% of our lives, and if we are not giving that to Him, we are cheating on Him. We should never cheat on the One we love most.

Do the decisions we make give Him a bad rep or a good rep? That should be a daily question in our lives. In what-ever I do, in every decision I make, I will make it a habit to go back to the mission statement that has been given for my life.

If it is not in alignment with it, then I must pray and discern what God would have me do.

A life fully surrendered to Him will be a reflection of Him instead of on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment