Saturday, March 20, 2010

wowzers.

So today has been a beautiful day.
It has not been as productive as I would have liked it to be, but I did get to exercise which made me very happy.

Now let's get to the point.
I have been wanting to give up on something that I have been doing for the past three days now, and as I soon as I wanted to give up , I came across this scripture:

"“Is not this the fast that I have chosen, to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?” "Isaiah 58:6

WoW.

Fasting is such a vital commandment in our walk in the Lord. It is difficult and requires much surrender to this flesh. We must go against everything that our body craves in order to satisfy the spirit that resides within the depths of our body.

When we fast we break free the chains of wickedness. We break chains. We break the Enemy's strongholds he has upon our lives and we experience a freedom that only Daddy can give. WOW!

I don't want to give up. I want to keep pressing on, and break the chains that the Enemy tries to hold me down with. "Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed."

I am free when I obey Daddy, and do not give into the flesh. I am free when a make a conscious effort to keep pressing on in this temporal place. I am free because the Son has set me free! Praise Daddy!

He is so good. The Jesus that lives inside of me has conquered the grave, and He is setting me free the more and more I draw nigh to Him in obedience to the things He asks of me. For it is when we disobey God, that we allow the chains to become heavy come upon our lives.


Daddy,
Please help me to keep pressing on these next 5 days. I can not do it alone, for it is only by your Holy Spirit and Your Truth that I can continue on. Help me to realize the things You ask of me are for my own good even though I can not see it in the present moment. Remind me daily , that the things you require for us are preparing us for an Eternity with You. You are so good, Daddy. You are mighty and Your love is everlasting. You are longing to set your Children free. May Your children study Your truth and cling to Your words for dear life. Your words are more precious than gold or anything that seems appealing to this world. I love You so much and I am so thankful that You keep me on track. What love is this, O Lord? None of us will ever be able to fathom the vastness of You, but let us continue to dive into the depths of Your heart, Jesus.
Again Daddy, I thank You for everything You have done for me. Thank You for sending Your precious Son to die for me and this world. We certainly do not deserve Your love, but thank You. May our hearts remain in gratitude for ALL You have done for us, and may we never grow weary in the race that leads to eternal life.
I ask all of these things in Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment