Wednesday, March 3, 2010

pride.

Proverbs 8:13
"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. "
Proverbs 16:18:
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Pride is one of the things that I have observed is a man's greatest downfall. To think of oneself better than another really makes me want to vomit. In my walk with Christ, the one thing that I continually pray for is a humble heart. Since high school, I have watched how pride rots away a person's internal being. It is a rotten thing, and it is something I despise. I pray that people who seek after the popularity of people and who think that the world is supposed to adore them, receive a reality check.
We are not put on earth to seek the favor of men, but to seek the favor of God. I have learned that seeking the favor of God is not always going to attract the world. In fact, it is something that is looked down upon in our culture. When we identify with Christ, we will be persecuted, we will be mocked, we will be the scum of the earth. To take up the cross of Christ is a difficult task, but it is well worth it.


Daddy,
I pray that you will fix in me a humble heart, and that you will give me patience to endure the hardship that comes along with it. I pray that in hardship, you will help me love the unlovable. I need Your grace, Daddy. I need You to help me see others as you see them. I pray for those who persecute Christians,Daddy. I pray that their hearts will be convicted by Your Holy Spirit and that they will be drawn to You. You are an awesome God, and I think You for dealing with us in unconditional love and mercy. Your name is greatly to be magnified and praised all of my days, Daddy. I love You!
In your Son's precious name.

No comments:

Post a Comment