Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tragedies.

7-12-2009.

This morning started out as a wonderful morning. Sarah and I woke up to get ready for church. We do indeed love the church we go to so we always make sure we leave on time. So we got ready, left, picked up her boyfriend, got our coffees, then made it to church.

It was an excellent service today as always, but today's message was what I really needed to hear. The message was entitled "Your most valuable possession" which is our faith. I was very attentive throughout the service and God was really doing things in my heart. (More on this later)

Well after the service, we stopped at Jersey Mikes for subs then headed to Kyle's house. It was a lovely ride home until I witnessed something tragic. There was horrible jeep wreck and a baby laying on the side of the road. My heart sunk into my stomach... all I could think was.. I need to go there, I need to go there and I felt really led to be there.

Sarah got back the house , I got my car, and rushed back to the scene. That baby on the side of the road was covered in blood and her precious little lips were turning purple. I rushed over to her, laid my hands on her head, and started to pray in the Spirit. When I gained some composure I asked if they had called the ambulance... they were so frantic I couldn't get an answer so I did it myself. I told them to hurry but I know they were doing their best to get to the scence as soon as they could. An old man was doing CPR on the child but I really couldn't tell if it was helping.
So as I looked around I saw another baby girl... she was only 6 and she was still in the jeep. She was still alive but she was blowing bubbles of blood. I went over to talk to her and make sure she stayed awake. I prayed in the Spirit for her.. she couldn't move, her blonde curly cues were covered in blood, and her beautiful turquoise eyes were staring at me in desperation. She had four teeth missing from the hit, and it was all I could do to keep myself from breaking down. She cried out to me, " Please tell me Shalie isn't dead, Please tell me she isn't dead! " I told her everything was going to be okay and if she would allow me to pray with her, she said okay. So as I prayed she calmed down a bit and I know God was there in the midst.
I stayed with her until the paramedics arrived. As they were going for the jeep first I firmly suggested they get the little four year old first, and they did. They got the 6 year old and they rushed them to Duke.
I have never witnessed or been apart of anything like this in my life, but God taught me a lesson through it all. We must act in faith and when the Spirit is tugging at our hearts we must take action and not question it. Free will and stupidity of fallen men and women results in the death of innocent lives. We must never blame the Almighty for events that occur. I have learned this the hard way. And it takes spiritual maturity to realize we must never question God and that God , no matter what happens, He is always good.
I pray in faith for that four year olds recovery. Whether she lives or dies that is in the hands of the Father, but if she happens not to return to this world, I know that she is in the arms of the Father at this very moment.
KEEP THE FAITH IN THE MIDST OF EVERY SITUATION. It IS your most prized and valuable possession.


Blessings.

-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment