Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Restoration.

I have been attending Manna Church for awhile now and it rocks!! I love the atmosphere, the community, and most of all how God rocks that place. On Wednesdays there is thing called the V2 Community; it is for young adults and each individual can choose from a wide variety of the small groups provided.

The first time I went I will admit was a bit uncomfortable, but tonight's group that a chose was AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. The vulnerability, the truths shared from open hearts, and the support system within.


Since I have returned from Jerusalem the world around me has been a constant battlefield. All of my friends are scattered throughout the US, and the ones I have here are always busy. It has been difficult to find a community to where I could share my deepest struggles and actually rely on someone to intercede for me.

Thankfully and praise be to the Lord Almighty I have found that community. The people were so welcoming and made me feel right at home. There was no stained glassed masquerade and the people wore their hearts on their sleeves. No front, no mask, just real people searching for healing and restoration of abusive pasts, hurts, failures, broken relationships, strained ones, confused ones, etcetera. God is good. He is amazing. And I know I can only move forward in ministry when I have dealt with all my skeletons, moved on, and ultimately let go of everything that has held me back from my Saviour.

I have learned that it is important to cry. God tells us it is better to weep than to laugh.... I believe it is healing for the soul. In the complete vulnerability of tears is where God can take our hearts and mold them to what He wants them to look like. Hearts that are completely His. Redeemed. Restored. Sharp. Beating to the drum of the Father's own magnificent heart. I am falling in Love again, in Love with the One who is Love. The Almighty Creator.

Why must we be so double-minded when the goodness of God is everywhere? Our hearts so quickly wander and stray yet the Father just waits. He waits for us with open arms. How gracious that Love is. I long to be with Him. Everything else fades when all of my being is longing for the Father.

I was talking to a beloved friend the other day and she told me to find the goodness of God in creation. It sounds really new age but it is most certainly a solemn truth. Do we stop and take in the sunset or ever notice how God paints a new one for us every evening. Do we go outside and smell the goodness of the earth (don't choose to be around a dumpster)? Or notice how unique the smallest insect is with its odd shapes and brilliant colors. The goodness of God is everywhere. We make a choice whether or not we enjoy it.

I want to be consistent in this Love. This overwhelming and passionate Love. Love that never fails. It never changes. Love only its Creator can give. How awesome a God we serve. He is good. He wants the best for us. He doesn't want us to hurt. And He doesn't want us to hurt His body, the church. The brothers and sisters must unite and live in harmony for it is only then Christ can come for His bride. I want Him to come. I long for my Saviour. To be at His feet for all eternity. To have an eternal Love in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment