Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Ultimate Collision.....

"I like it in the city where two worlds collide. You get the people and the government.. everybody taking different sides"
-Adele

So I am not your typical "southern girl." I do not love sweet tea, do not enjoy country music as much as others, and DO NOT, let me repeat, DO NOT and probably never will celebrate Mule Days.
My sister on the other hand absolutely adores this lifestyle. She jams down the road to the latest Dierks Bently song, enjoys her extra large sweet tea, attends Mule Days proudly, and dates the typical farm boy.
I suppose now I will get to my point. Today was the day that two worlds collided with one another. My sister went with me to church, we enjoyed our breakfast at Starbucks, and sang along to the Lakewood Church Cd. We cried together and laughed together, just really had a good time.
Here comes the "in return" part of the deal. I did something that this" big-city girl at heart" has never done before. I went fourwheeling at a farm. And not only did I fourwheel but I did this "southern thang" in the mud. CRAZY.

Yes, this shocking event did occur. And here comes the confession from the ultimate city girl, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. (with the exception of getting really muddy) The beautiful scenery, the fresh hair, screaming my head off at the thought of falling off this so-called 4-wheeler, but most of all the marvelous collision with my beloved sister. I am thankful to the Almighty of how He has transformed a broken relationship to a insepearable bond. It is truly something amazing. Even more so than the fresh smell of coffee, the feel of new clothes, or spending the day by the pool. God is truly awesome and I can say I look forward to the soon coming trips to the farm with my best friend, my sister.

Blessings

-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment