Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How deep are your roots?

Tonight has yet again been one of those sleepless nights. Too much caffine I suppose.


I always seek after God to bring revelation through His word. Tonight I came across Psalms 1.
This short 6 stanza verse speaks of the man who delights in the law of the Lord. For the one who delights in the law and word of the Lord is like a tree beside a river. This tree is ready in season and out of season, he does not whither or brush away with the wind.

As I read this, this question arose in the depths of my heart, "How deep are your roots?" How firmly am I rooted in my relationship with Christ? Do I whither away in hardship... am I easily blown away in the winds of hardship and tribulation? As this question sunk into the depths of my heart, I asked the Father to reveal to me what I personally needed to make me rooted in my walk with Him. Ofcourse when we ask such a thing, we do receive.



As I continued to pray and seek for answers in God's word, I opened my Bible to Matthew 15:13: "Every plant that my Father has not planted will be rooted up.." In this passage Jesus was referring to the Pharisees and their hypocrisy of traditionalism. Are we as Christians rooted in our relationship with Christ or are we much like the Pharisees sticking with the traditionalism of the church. Do rules and works plague our lives or does the love of the Father in our daily relationship with Him flourish our lives?



I have found that those who are truly God's children can be rest assured that if we have a daily relationship with him we will never blow away with the wind. Those roots are grasping deeper and deeper into the soil as we draw closer to Him. So simple yet so profound is that truth.

I often find myself in constant worry of being on the right path with God. Though I seek after Him daily and His peace reaffirms everything spoken, I find my flesh battling. These verses though in depth and insight are verses that bring clarification to the heart, soul, and spirit.

Thank the Lord for His living word and the promises that flow.

Prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,

How blessed I am to know that I am your child. How amazing it is to know that your unconditional love and mercy abounds so heavily in my life. Lord, I ask you to give me courage and strength to make it through the difficult times. I ask that my roots will deepen in my walk with You and not ascend into the storms that lurk in a world full of uncertainity. I pray for those who need strength and comfort from you Lord. Send your Holy Spirit to bring forth peace into their lives. Lord, I love and adore you. Thank you for everything you are and what you do in each and everyone of you children's lives.

In your precious Son's Holy Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment