Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"You are on the short roads now, love"

A friend and I had lunch the other day... and as we were discussing recent life's diffculties, my friend so dearly says to me " You are on the short roads now, love." That statement hit right in between the forehead.

When we abide in Christ, and He abides in us, we must trust that our lives are in the palms of His hands. And though the difficulties seem ever so present and chaos is never ending, the storm will soon pass. When Christ asks something of us, do it. No doubt, no confusion. Know what He has spoken and obey it no matter how diffcult circumstances may seem to be.

As I pondered that so simplistic but so moving statement, I realized.. I am on the short road. It is only months before what God has called me to do will come to pass and I must not worry about what isn't when it is yet to be that time. I know who and what He has in His hands. Patience is a virtue and I am learning it quite well these days. Though I wander through this desert there will soon be over flowing springs awaiting.

When we are in Christ.. we are on the short roads... I do not not want to imagine to the long, difficult road without Him. Trust, Obey, Have Faith, and Just Do It! =]

Until tomorrow,
Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment