Monday, March 23, 2009

Death Arises as Binding Sin Suffocates

Suffocating.

I had a dream last night. A dream that has reoccurred three times now. As i was "dreaming" this binding spirit came upon me. I could not breathe, I could not speak, nothing. It was a blatant battle, one that no individual would ever desire to dream about. Once I finally gained strength, I cried out Jesus, Jesus. Now, what is significant about this dream you may ask. I will explain.

Many times as Christians we tend to overlook the binding death of willful sin. There can not be an affective light when there remains darkness inside.(Luke 11:34-36) The willful sin of Christians is often hidden by masks and facades. The darkness of this hidden sin lurks and as it worsens it binds the sinner. What was once willful becomes habitual. And the habitual eventually leads to uncontrollable action. The sin is leisurely smothering, and the result is death. What does it take to realize the horrid death of sin? How many times do we run to the alter crying out Abba, set me free, and yet we take back the very thing we wanted to rid ourselves of? Do we want the chains of sin to bind and linger into the depths of souls? Absolutely not.

Abiding in Christ is obtaining light. Light and darkness do not coincide. There is a choice to be made. Do I love my sin more than my Heavenly Father? That is the question that must be pondered. Now we must overcome. Overcome all the obstacles of sin and now allow it to bring us to the lack of oxygen. A point to where we are in so deep we can not breathe. No it will not be allowed for we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.


Now I will leave with a beautiful quote by the infamous Oswald Chambers:
"We don't overcome life , We achieve life as we overcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment