Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's More Than....

I am flesh. I am weak, temporal, flesh that needs a Saviour. I need a Redeemer. I need Rock.
God through Jesus Christ is all these things for me.

I am certain that this life is more than morals. It is more than being a good person. We are not good people. Nothing at the root of our hearts is good. It is all evil. It is only through Jesus Christ that we do good things. This I am more than certain of. This is a foundational truth. It is whether the door of each heart chooses to close or open to this solid truth.

Now that I am off my soap box ( sort of), I would like to say that life being more than morals is a battle of the mind. The Enemy knows our weakness, and he therefore thrives off of it. He loves to takes it and twist it and make it the most difficult thing possible for us to overcome. Now that I have recognized this truth, I am able to overcome it. I can overcome all things through Jesus Christ.

I battle this flesh daily. I battle to overcome weaknesses and draw closer to the Father. My heart longs to be close to the Father and to please Him for all of my days. I have heard it said that "belief is a beautiful armor," but truly what is more of an armour, the fact that when we die and just die, or we fight for something greater. To put faith in something that is not seen takes a lot more effort, it is something that takes us out of our comfort zone and allows us to go into depth with the Almighty. This is faith. It is a gift. It is what the Enemy wants to steal.
Life is a battlefield. Life is full of choices and it is up to each individual what choice is going to be made.

I want to battle and overcome this flesh. I want to battle all the adversaries and principalities that are lined up against me, for I know that Christ will help me to overcome.

It's more than this world, it is God the Almighty waiting for us to be warriors for Him.

Take a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment